Mekon mPublish is an easy to use database publishing tool that allows the quick and automatic generation of documents from databases, ready for simultaneous output to paper, Web, or CD-ROM.
What Mekon mPublish does
Where organisations now hold and maintain information and data in databases, there is often an on-going challenge in transferring the information into a professional publishing environment.
This has so far meant that a separate document has had to be created in a desktop publishing or Web design package, meaning:
- Duplication of work
- Errors in content
- Time-consuming design
- Painstaking proofing
Mekon mPublish is a versatile plug-in for the Adobe FrameMaker product. Itself a very powerful publishing software, FrameMaker allows the creation and management of large and complex documents.
Now, with mPublish, databases content can be easily "flowed" into page templates, allowing the speedy generation of complete documents. The resulting document can have final touch-ups, amendments, additions, and deletions applied in the WYSIWYG FrameMaker authoring environment.
The FrameMaker content can then publish to:
- High resolution PostScript or PDF for print
- Low resolution PDF for Web or CD-ROM
- HTML* for Web or CD-ROM
* Using the 3rd party plugins.
Ask us how mPublish could apply to your content.
How it can benefit you
Consistency in information
- Only one source of information maintained
- Reduction in errors
- Proofing process greatly eased
Reduction in production time and costs
- Any design time greatly reduced
- Production time almost eliminated
- Multiple media accommodated from a single process
Mekon's Value Added Service
If you want assistance implementing mPublish, Mekon can help in all or parts of the project, including:
- Consultancy on implementation best practices
- Database design and development (if necessary)
- Template design
- Installation and testing
- Maintenance and support
Ask us how our services could help you start saving effort.