Please complete the fields marked by an asterisk *
When completed, this form will close and you should receive a confirmation email shortly after.
eXist is an open source database management system entirely built on XML technology, also called a native XML database. Unlike most relational database management systems, eXist uses XQuery, which is a W3C Recommendation, to manipulate its data.
eXist allows software developers to persist XML data without writing extensive middleware. eXist follows and extends many W3C XML standards such as XQuery. eXist also supports REST interfaces for interfacing with AJAX-type web forms. Applications such as XForms may save their data by using just a few lines of code. The WebDAV interface to eXist allows users to "drag and drop" XML files directly into the eXist database. Because eXist automatically indexes documents using a keyword indexing system it is very easy to create high-performance document search systems with eXist.
eXist has support for the following standards and technologies
- XPath - XML Path language
- XQuery - XML Query language
- WebDAV - Web distributed authoring and versioning
- REST - Representational state transfer (URL encoding)
- SOAP - Simple Object Access Protocol
- XACML - XML Access Control Language
- XInclude - server-side include file processing (limited support)